Friday, March 19, 2010

Letting Go

Could there possibly be a right way?

Saying goodbye to someone you loved once yesterday

Who brought shine when the skies were grey

Who would lay yellow brick so you find your way

But really, how could you expect me to stay

How were we suppose to sail when you kept me at bay

Yet, I stay afloat

One morning i awoke

Had to clear my throat

Looked over to the table, found a note that you wrote

And i quote...

"I'm writing this to tell you that you were always there

No doubt about it, you showed me that you care

Everytime i was lost, your love shot a flare

Thought you were like the rest, it's obvious your rare

But then came along, that feeling of despair

Im sure you were aware

You? no one compares

I'll never forget, the times that we share

And forever i will keep you in my prayer

I swear

Love, Claire"


To Be Continued...

5 comments:

  1. LOL nah, really great poem. U have talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that poem touched me right in the heart. Im feelin that poem

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Yet I stay afloat" --- great line, ship metaphor. Also, I like the way you begin the poem with a question that pulls the reader in but is not obvious. Also like the yellow brick road to find his way idea....looking forward to the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gud shit.. i like the concept and that whole " i qoute " shit that was nice

    ReplyDelete