Saturday, April 10, 2010

Letting Go Pt. 2: The Rant

How dare you say you love me

When you just up and leave

The things i put up with

Some wouldn't believe

You might've thought

But i wasn't naive

See, thats the thing about me

Over you? i never lost sleep

Because What i realized

Is that your type would always be fake towards real guys

A place to rest my head? no

I just wanna lay in the bed that real lies

Because anywhere where your not is a place i'd want to be instead

And all those love letters i would hope they're being shred

Only thing i regret is of you playing with my head

But the funny thing now, who's hanging by a thread

I just want to thank you

For making this decision simplistic

I hope your off as good as me

I was always optimistic

And the thought of me and you again?

Come on lets be realistic

Truth is...letting go of you was easy

That was just another one of my characteristics

Sorry if you don't like my words

I'm known for being artistic

I say love spites and love bites

This is my sign off

Love, Mike ;-)


3 comments:

  1. "Because anywhere you're not is a place I'd want to be instead" == great line....also the way you wrap it up, and how it matches the first "Letting Go"....and the realistic/optimistic/characteristic rhyme....great poems, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TUFF...DA ENDING WAS MY FAV PART!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im od late to comment on this but that shit was nicee especially di last part good job~

    ReplyDelete