Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mistake

Ever felt like you were making a mistake?

Tried to slow things down, but your foot slipped off the brake

Maybe i forgot everything that was at stake

Maybe i been too real to where i lost sight of those fake

And i've given so much that i don't know when to take

It'll never happen again at least for my sake

But i was never the type

To complain about life

Used to stay up until daylight

On those lonely contemplative nights

Sitting and wondering if second chances were real

Regretting all the times i kept my lips sealed

But now i block it all out with impenetrable shields

Now im rounding third and all eyes are on the field

Just trying to make it home to find the person inside

They say keep your eyes open well mines are pretty wide

Foot almost to the plate as i make my final stride

"Out" i wish you could come along for the ride

4 comments:

  1. I love the driving as well as the baseball metaphors. My favorite line is "Just trying to make it home to find the person inside." So beautiful and real. I am thrilled that you have started a blog for your writing. I have signed up to follow you. This made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK YUNG LUPE!!!!....NICE KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owwwww im feeling the poem made me feel mad juicy inside lol na but for real i agree the metaphors with the baseball was wild i def. liked that the most lets get it boyyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to buy you a flower...that's how beautiful it was

    ReplyDelete